Introducing ZooPoo Kids Shampoo and Bath toys

Introducing ZooPoo Kids Shampoo and Bath toys
Click the above picture to VIEW my Walmart video!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Quick Observations about Walmart's Get On The Shelf Contest Videos

Walmart’s Getontheshelf.com  contest is still growing. There are 15 days left for people to submit their videos and then the real work starts March 7th.   Today I wanted to take a moment to point out some observations about the submissions. Ultimately, my goal is to watch all the video submissions.  There approximately 750 videos entered right now.  To date, I would guess I am about 25% through them.  Here are some rough estimates on the video I have watched:


-          About 75% of the videos are videos that the inventor had created and posted already. 


-          The shortest video I have seen is 26 seconds


-          The longest video I have seen is over 15 minutes!


-          95% ish of videos are submitted from individuals


-          Of the video by companies, the biggest name I have seen seems to be Huggies product


As I thought about what video to submit I figured there is reason why commercial breaks are usually 2 minutes long.  People don’t want to send more than 2 minutes watching Ads.  I think product submission longer than 2 minutes will have trouble.  I decided my video should be 60 seconds long.  I submitted a video I had made a couple months earlier to hopefully run on TV.  That’s it for today.  Good Luck to everyone in (or trying to getin) the contest!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment